ADA Website Compliance
Accessibility Statement for Two Oceans Digital Website
Two Oceans Digital is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Two Oceans Digital takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Two Oceans Digital Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to AQA, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the AQA tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Two Oceans Digital Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Two Oceans Digital Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Two Oceans Digital Website:
- Phone: 305-292-1881 ext. 25
- Email: [email protected]
- Visitor Address: 701 Simonton St, Key West, FL 33040
- Postal Address: 701 Simonton St, Key West, FL 33040
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays, there may be a longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Two Oceans Digital Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Two Oceans Digital Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Two Oceans Digital Website, there may be some limitations. Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress and plugins. The WordPress theme and plugins are third-party developed and we do not have the capability to modify them. We have reached out to the third-party developers and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Two Oceans Digital Website:
- linked image with empty alternative text
- order of headings is not correct
- empty link with image is without text alternative
- name of link with image can not be programmatically determined
Two Oceans Digital assessed the accessibility of Two Oceans Digital Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using UsableNet AQA, an enterprise-level accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content and code conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
- External evaluation – we hire outside consultants to manually scan our website using assistive technologies and provide additional recommendations that the AQA tool does not uncover.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Two Oceans Digital
Vice President, Two Oceans Digital
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Two Oceans Digital, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Two Oceans Digital website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
· Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
· Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
· Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
· Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Business Website Accessibility Features
This business website for the Two Oceans Digital is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our destination website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://twooceansdigital.com/site-map/
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
· Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
· Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
· Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
· Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
· Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
This statement was created using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool. Updated August 9, 2019.